Steven W. Garrett
CHGO has a great ability to understand – then we problem solve.
Steve concentrates his practice in local government law, real estate and construction law, employment law, and complex litigation and appeals. His background at the Attorney General’s Office provided him with the opportunity to brief and argue numerous cases before all of the courts of appeals in Missouri, including the Missouri Court of Appeals Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts, the Missouri Supreme Court and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Steve has written numerous briefs and petitions in the U.S. Supreme Court and has also written papers and articles and given lectures in the areas of municipal and election law throughout the country.
- City Attorney, City of Normandy, Missouri (2009 – present)
- City Attorney, City of St. Ann, Missouri (2004 – present)
- City Attorney, City of Northwoods, Missouri (2004 – present)
- City Attorney, City of Velda City, Missouri (1997 – present)
- City Attorney, City of Town and Country, Missouri (1994 – present)
- General Counsel, Board of Election Commissioners, St. Louis County (1986 – 1994, 2005 – 2011, 2018-Present)
- Village Attorney, Village of Velda Village Hills, Missouri (2004 – 2005)
- Assistant Attorney General (1979 – 1982)
- Missouri (1979)
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association
- J.D., St. Louis University School of Law, 1979
- B.A., University of Missouri – St. Louis, 1974
- Manchester and Ellisville Athletic Association (1990 – present)
- Gateway Ballet of St. Louis (1986 – 1994)
- Member, Missouri Division of Youth Services Advisory Board (1985 – 1989)