We make a difference in people’s lives by finding ways to resolve problems.
Nancy has successfully represented injury clients in thousands of workers’ compensation, personal injury, social security disability, veteran’s disability and long-term disability claims. Her commitment to maximizing all resources and benefits for her clients is a top priority. She handles civil trial and appellate work. She has been successful in winning cases at trial and in the Missouri Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District and the U. S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit. She handles all variety of occupational disease cases such as carpal and cubital tunnel, asbestos/mesothelioma, silicosis, exposure to benzene, as well as back, neck, shoulder, elbow and hand, hip, knee, ankle, thoracic outlet, eye injuries, hearing loss.
Nancy has an A.V. Preeminent Peer Review Rating™ from Martindale-Hubbell® Law, the highest rating for legal ability and ethics. Nancy was nominated and inducted as a Fellow into the National Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Honors College for her distinguished career to the practice of Workers’ Compensation Law for her outstanding professional ability, leadership and service to her clients.
She was selected by her peers as a Super Lawyer 2016 to date.
Nancy has served leadership positions and as a member of many boards, legal, private business and nonprofit. Missouri Bar, Lawyers Assn of St. Louis, Women’s’ Lawyers Assn of Metropolitan St Louis, Foundation, Missouri Assn of Trial Advocates, National Organization of Social Security Representatives for the 8th Circuit, American Cancer Society Leadership Board, Visitation Academy, President of Kids Chance of Missouri and Founding Chair of Kids Chance of America are a few. She was also elected by the Lawyers in the Eastern District of Missouri to serve as a member of the Appellate Judicial Commission from January 2006 to December 2011. This commission is charged with nominating three candidates to the Governor of Missouri for judgeship on the Appellate and Supreme Courts of Missouri.
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Court of Appeals of Veterans Claims
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association (Board of Governors 2009 to 2016, Committee on Veterans Issues Co-Chair, Committee to review Tort Related Legislation Chairperson, Workers Compensation Committee (1987-1990), Co-Chair Mini Law School for the Public (2009-2016)
- Lawyers Assn of St. Louis (Board and President 1993-1994)
- Missouri Assn of Trial Advocates (Board of Governors 1998-2001)
- Woman’s Lawyers Assn of Greater St. Louis
- National Association of Veteran’s Appeals
- National Assn of Social Security Claimant’s Representatives (Board – 2015 to 2017 – 8th Circuit Representative)
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group
- College of Workers Compensation Lawyers (Inducted 2010)
- Missouri Bar Workers Compensation CLE Practice Books:
– 2013 & 2019 Chapter 11 Systems and Procedures of Counsel for the Employee
– 1991 Supplement to Chapter 2: The Employer and Employee Relationship
- Workers’ Litigation Injury Group (WILG): “Why injured Workers Seek Legal Representation” (January 2009)
- Bar Assn of Metro St. Louis (BAMSL) Journal: “The Effect of the Medicare Secondary Payer Provisions and Workers Compensation” (July 2005)
- Bar Assn of Metro St. Louis (BAMSL) Journal: “Workers’ Compensation and the Social Security Offset” (July 2000)
Rewards & Recognitions
- In 2016 she received the St. Louis Workers Compensation Distinguished Lawyer Award which jointly presented by the Bar Assn of Metropolitan St. Louis and Kids Chance of Missouri. The award is given to a St. Louis area workers compensation lawyer whose honesty, integrity, competence, zeal, selflessness and leadership have earned the respect of the community by practicing law in the way all should practice.
- In 2015 she was selected by the Lawyers Assn of St. Louis as their recipient of their AWARD OF HONOR. This AWARD is given annually to a St. Louis trial attorney whose service to the profession and community merits recognition to inspire others to similar service.
- In 2014, Nancy was awarded the Missouri Bar Foundation’s Spurgeon Smithson Award acknowledging significant contributions to the administration of justice.
- In 2010, she was nominated by her peers and inducted into the National Workers Compensation Lawyers College for her distinguished career to the practice of Workers Compensation Law in accordance with the highest ethical and professional standards, and in the course of which has demonstrated outstanding professional leadership and has brought honor to the profession.
- Nancy was honored to receive the President’s Award from the Women’s Lawyers Association of Metropolitan St. Louis in 2012 and the President’s Award from the Missouri Bar in 2011. She was voted “The Best Lawyer if you are Injured at Work” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly and received the Women’s Justice Award in 2002 from the St. Louis Daily Record/Countian for her work as a Civil Trial Attorney.
- J.D., St. Louis University School of Law, 1982
- B.A. English Literature and Creative Writing, St. Mary’s College, Notre Dame, Indiana, 1978
- Visitation Academy, 1974
- Nancy has taught at more than 25 professional programs on Workers Compensation, Civil trial and Appellate issues, Social Security and Veteran Benefits issues for the Missouri Bar, Missouri Assn of Trial Attorneys (MATA) , Bar Assn of Metropolitan St. Louis,( BAMSL), Kids Chance of Missouri, American Bar Assn, St. Louis County Bar Assn, National Workers Compensation and Occupational Medicine Conference(SEAK), Legal Services of Eastern Missouri ( LSEM), NBI, Missouri Dept. of Labor, Women’s Lawyer Assn of St. Louis, and National Org of Social Security Claimants (NOSSCR).