Kevin M. O’Keefe
Our collective goal at CHGO is honest dealings and quality service. We take our role seriously.
Kevin concentrates his practice in municipal law, urban development and redevelopment, tax increment financing and other economic development tools, and trials and appeals. He has appeared in and argued trial and appellate cases in state and federal courts in Missouri and the United States Supreme Court (Quinn v. Millsap, 1989).
Kevin has presented seminars as a lecturer for the University of Wisconsin’s national zoning seminars; University of Missouri, Governmental Affairs Program; University of Missouri-St. Louis graduate program in Public Administration; St. Louis University graduate program in Public Administration; Missouri Municipal League; St. Louis County Municipal League, Missouri City Management Association, and the American Planning Association. He also has lectured at legal seminars for the Missouri Bar Association, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, International Municipal Lawyers Association, and the Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association, and he authored a chapter for a Missouri Bar continuing legal education publication.
Kevin’s service as municipal attorney includes consultation with executive and legislative officials on the full range of local government activity; drafting legislation and regulations; consultation and litigation concerning employment matters; review and enforcement supervision in administrative matters; coordination with consultants in other disciplines to write and implement technical codes; and responsibility for all types of local government litigation, particularly matters involving damage claims, contracts, civil rights, land use issues and judicial review of administrative actions.
- City Attorney, City of Bellefontaine Neighbors, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of Brentwood, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of Clayton, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of Cool Valley, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of Frontenac, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of Hazelwood, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of O’Fallon, Missouri
- City Attorney, City of Bel-Ridge, Missouri
Also engaged as special counsel to provide consultation or representation by communities across Missouri from time to time such as City of Kansas City, City of Springfield, City of Chesterfield, City of Crystal Lake Park and many others.
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of MissouriU.S. Court of Appeals – Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations & Memberships
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association
- International Municipal Lawyers Association
Awards & Recognition
- Lawyer of the Year, Municipal Law (2012, 2015, 2016, 2019)
- Best Lawyers in America, Municipal Law (2018-2019)
- Superlawyers of Kansas and Missouri; Municipal Law (2010-2019)
- Distinguished Service Award, Missouri Municipal League (2003)
- Lou Czech Award of the Missouri Municipal Attorneys Association (1999)
- “AV” Rating (highest) “Preeminent” (Municipal Law) from Martindale Hubbell
- J.D., St. Louis University School of Law
- B.A., University of Scranton