Pat concentrates his practice in personal injury, business transactions, construction matters, employment matters, estate planning, local government law and real estate law, including class actions and appeals.
Experienced as an instrument-rated commercial pilot, Pat has provided special insight in aviation cases, including securing a multi-million-dollar wrongful death settlement based on a defective kit installed in a twin-engine aircraft, a $700,000 settlement for a passenger in a single-engine plane crash, and recovery of personal injury damages and total loss of a medical helicopter that crashed due to a circuitry failure. He has obtained a million-dollar-plus recovery for wrongful death caused by a motor carrier in interstate commerce and dangerous roadway conditions caused by a state transportation agency, and in a fatality caused by a dangerous railroad crossing. Pat has prosecuted and sustained on appeal a million-dollar-plus mechanic’s lien recovery.
Pat has lectured on the subject of insurance coverage for Missouri Continuing Legal Education purposes.
- Prosecuting Attorney, City of Flordell Hills, Missouri (2017 - present)
- Prosecuting Attorney, City of Velda City, Missouri (2005–present)
- Prosecuting Attorney, City of Hazelwood, Missouri (2002–present)
- Special Assistant Attorney General, State of Missouri (1989-1994)
- Prosecuting Attorney, City of Brentwood, Missouri (1982–1999)
- United States District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Missouri
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- The Lawyer's Association
- Member, Home Builders Association
- J.D., University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Law, 1978
- Saint Louis University, Accounting
- Cable Committee, City of Brentwood, Missouri (1993–1995)